Locksmith locks can help keep your family and valuables safe, but you can do a lot more on your own to make sure everyone stays safe and secure day or night. Locksmith team has put mutually a few of their preferred residence security tips for you. You’ll find them useful. And, don’t forget to call locksmith Tracy and Key if you need a new lock, new keys, or a home safe. Locksmiths are here to help.
If you’ve got valuable jewelry, cash, or other items that would be attractive to an intruder, keeping them in an unlikely spot can help ensure their safety. A child’s dresser drawer or inside a pair of socks are both good choices.
Secure your home and valuables
- Do you have a mail slot in your door? You should know that it significantly reduces the structural strength of that door. Take precautions to make sure your front door is secure. Call us, we can help with that.
- Rose bushes or other thorny shrubs can help deter someone from breaking into a ground-floor window.
- Put your lights and your television on timers when you are going to be away from home overnight, so the house won’t look empty.
- Check window latches before bed if you’ve had anyone you don’t know well in your home that day.
- Choose a trusted locksmith! We’ve talked about this before. There are a lot of scam artists out there. Make sure you know who you are working with!
Keep your family safe every day
- Don’t leave young children alone around any water. A child can drown in less than one foot of water.
- Keep all medicines and cleaning supplies out of the reach of children.
- Keep plastic bags out of the reach of children.
- Don’t leave guns around. Lock them up!
- Make sure large items of equipment, televisions sitting on comfort, and other heavy items are secured to a wall.
So always keep these security tips in mind and whenever you need contact locksmith.